After a 12 hour flight, a stupid movie and 10 cokes, we arrived in Frankfurt only to jump onto another flight, Croatian airlines, destined to Zagreb, Croatia, where we spent a day and a half sight seeing and recovering from jet lag.
This would begin our 10 trip visiting 3 Eastern European countries and 1 Providence (Liechtenstein).
This was a catholic church located in
the heart of Zagreb. It is called The Cathedral of
the Assumption of Virgin Mary and St. Stephen.
We rode this Funicular tram, which is one of the
steepest in the world. The tram took us to old town Zagreb.
Below is a picture of Trent and I enjoying one of the many cafes
that Europe has to offer.
In the morning the locals would set up a market with fresh
produce. We bought fresh watermelon, raspberries and blueberries.
After our stay in Zagreb we flew to Dubrovnik. Located on the Adriatic Sea, Dubrovnik is
one of the most beautiful cities in the Mediterranean. The entire city is surrounded by a wall, which we were able to walk on.
The view of the city from on top of the wall was amazing.
Our Hotel was right on beach so we got to swim in
the Adriatic sea everyday. There was an Island across
from our Hotel that we decided to take a boat to.
This is us on the boat to the Island
While on the Island we jumped off a cliff. Which I
am very proud to say that I did, because I have a huge
fear of heights. It was a lot of fun.
There was also a botanical garden on the Island
that we walked through.
at the Hotel and she told him that it was no longer open for people to see it. This was not something that he wanted to hear. He would not take no for a answer so he and I went on a search through Dubrovnik looking for a way to get to the Fortress.





We found it and he got to see what he wanted, which was the statement written on the entrance. It says "Non bene toto libertas venditur auro." which means "Freedom is not sold for all the gold in the world."
The picture below is one of the alley ways in Dubrovink
Another thing that we did was go visit the War Photo museum. It told the story of the war in the 90's through pictures. It was amazing to see the photo's and feel what the people might have felt.
5 comments:
Gorgeous! You did a great job with the new camera! My favorite shot was the one of you jumping off the cliff. Dang girl, you are brave. That was high!!! What a great trip.
That reminds me of Amazing Race. Jumping off cliffs, eating strange foods... sounds fun! Neat pictures!
Talk about a lot of fun. WAY TO GO AUDRY.....I can't believe you jumped you are such a good wife. To jump off a cliff and to eat weird food( I know muscles aren't that weird my mother-in-law eats them all the time) but I have seen them and they are weird to me. I think you both did a fantastic job with the camera. Can't wait to see more....
I am so impressed with the cliff jumping! That would scare the crap out of me. Great pictures. I am totally looking forward to all of these Europe posts. So far it looks like a blast.
Now that is a vacation! I love the pics of all of those places! We'll have to go cliff jumping together sometime as I think I went the same day as you, except not in such an amazing place! You are so photogenic too, what's your secret?
Post a Comment